November 16th 1325 (1:15 pm), the AMA Alumni Association and Foundation will be laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery.
The ceremony is scheduled for 1:15 PM.
AMA Friends and Alumni should muster at the Memorial Display Room. The room is located between the amphitheater and the Tomb. Muster at 11:30 in order for the group to have time to make their way to The Tomb. The ceremony starts at 1:15.
In 1997, AMA Alumni association laid a wreath and had about 30 alumni and friends attend the ceremony. Please attend if you are able. This is a once, perhaps twice in a lifetime opportunity to actively witness one of the most solemn ceremonies you will ever see.
It is important that everyone planning to attend read and understand these four documents which outline the cemetery security, Arlington’s visitor rules, dress code, and the sequence of events for the ceremony.
Please note The following:
- The documents linked below will help facilitate your visit to Arlington National Cemetery
- Privately owned vehicles and commercial buses are not authorized to drive to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (TUS). Parking is available at the Welcome Center paid parking lot. Please be aware that the parking lot reaches capacity early during peak tourism months from March through September.
- To minimize delays that would prevent your group from making its scheduled time, we recommend that your travel plans include additional time for unexpected traffic congestion, unfamiliarity with area roadways, parking, and unloading.
- On the day of your event, report to the Tomb Guard Quarters located at the Memorial Amphitheater, with a copy of this email at least 30 minutes prior to the time of the scheduled wreath ceremony. The Tomb Guard sentinels will address any questions you have concerning placing the wreath at this time.
- Wreaths laid at the TUS are considered gifts to the TUS and will not be returned.