Charles (The Big Boy) and Janet had two children – Lewis Stephenson Roller, who died at birth, and Charles (Charley) S. Roller, III (August 10, 1910). Charley graduated from AMA, attended VMI, and taught and coached at Augusta until his death. Charley married Linda Todd and they had two children;..Read More
On 24 July 1861, 3 days following the First Battle of Bull Run (Manassas), Roller enlisted as a private in the Confederate States military forces at Fairfax Court House. He joined General J. E. B. Stuart’s 1st Virginia Calvary Regiment which fought in that first major conflict of the war…Read More
The AMA Alumni House / Museum opens to the public.
After obtaining a long term lease from the Pentecostal Church and renovating the Roller-Robinson House, a dedication ceremony is held during the 1999 Reunion.
The United Pentecostal Church purchases the AMA campus and begins renovations to much of the campus for use as a church campground.
The Moore Family raises funds from AMA Alumni with the promise of re-opening the school. They abscond with the money, and the school remains closed.
The Culbertson family purchases the AMA campus.
AMA closed its doors over Christmas Break, 1983.
Col. Malcolm Livick resigns as Superintendent, citing his failure to revive the school.
AMA becomes a non-profit organization, governed by a Board of Trustees.