2020 Director Election
AMA Alumni Foundation, Inc.
March 21, 2020
- Given the unprecedented emergency situation regarding the Corona-virus and the specified / directed meeting limitations from the Governor of Virginia, the 2020 annual reunion has been cancelled. This now impacts the annual elections of the Board of Directors.
- By-law Article IV: Directors, Section 4.4, Nomination of Directors states that Directors shall be elected for a three-year term. The election of the Board of Director (twelve positions) occurs annually and has been structured to have three staggered “classes” (i.e. four members considered annually) elected for Board continuity. As such, four (4) Board of Director vacancies are needed to be filled this year. In accordance with Section 4.4, the call for nominations occurred several months ago, closing on 18 March 2020. The following individuals have been nominated for consideration (click on name to view bio of each nominees):
- In accordance with By-law Article IV: Directors, Section 4.5, Election of Directors, the following is specified: “Election of Directors shall be printed by the Nominating Committee; provided that if there are no contested director’s seat, election of directors may be conducted by voice vote or show of hands. Each AMA Alumnus, and eligible non-alumnus member, present at the membership meeting may vote by using only the written ballots prepared for that purpose; and those persons who receive the highest number of votes at a meeting shall be deemed to have been elected. No proxy votes will be allowed.”
- As such, a temporary amendment to the by-laws calendar year 2020 has been passed, specifically to Article IV: Directors, Section 4.5, Election of Directors: “Election of Directors shall be prepared by the Nominating Committee; provided that if there are no contested director’s seat, the election of directors will occur and be recorded electronically. Each AMA Alumnus, and eligible non-alumnus member (*) may vote for candidates using the electronic CONSTANT CONTACT survey application (in lieu of a written ballot) prepared for that purpose; those persons who receive the highest number of votes on-line shall be deemed to have been elected. No proxy votes will be allowed.”
- As such, the Nominating Committee has prepared (In lieu of a written ballot) an electronic ballot and will conduct voting electronically via a Constant Contact questionnaire. If you currently receive the AMA Email newsletter, you will be sent a link where you may cast your ballot. If you do not currently receive the AMA Email newsletter, and wish to participate in this election, you must add your email to the monthly Email distribution list by clicking here. Voting will open/commence no later than March 27, 2020, and voting will end at midnight (Eastern DST) Friday, April 17, 2020. This election process will be publicized on the special newsletter, via email announcement and posted on the Facebook site.
John E. Arthur, ’75, Secretary, AMAAF Board of Directors
(*) Eligible voting member qualifications as specified in AMA Alumni Foundation By-laws (June 2019): Article II Membership, Section 2.1 & 2.2, which can be accessed/downloaded here.